Thank you Gig Harbor Young Professionals for coordinating this video and Film Student Justin Smith for your excellent work!
So, What is a Chamber of Commerce?
We are a network of local business leaders who are passionate about coming together to collaborate, connect and promote the interest of our businesses, and much more.
While the Gig Harbor Chamber does not enact laws or regulations directly, we advocate on your behalf at all levels of local government for a vibrant economy and community.
Our mission is to take a strong leadership position for business and community interests that create and maintain economic opportunities.
Complete your membership application online today!
Curious about how Chamber Membership may help you? Take this quiz
Why should YOU join the Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce?
1. Local Knowledge - when you need it most.
Yes, you can find anything on the internet, however does it give you the ins and outs of our local community? We LOVE helping connect business owners with services they are looking for. Often, we brainstorm with our members to find out what they are looking for so that we can personalize the best options that fit their needs.
2. Local Business- we are dedicated to your success.
Small business is a priority we take seriously. You had the vision for you business and the drive to reach your goals. We advocate to remove hurdles, we create ways/programs to address needs and we include you in the process.
3. Local Networking - it's about who you know.
Want to meet a diverse group of business owners who are dedicated to helping each other grow their businesses? We offer various activities and opportunities for you to build relationships with your fellow business owners. We love helping with introductions, if you are an introvert, we and our Ambassadors can come alongside you and help make introductions.
- Luncheons – hear a speaker and meet fellow members.
- Business After Hours – learn about a local business and build relationships.
- Young professionals – programs specifically for professionals aged 21-40.
- Pillars networking groups – close $20,000-$40,000/month collectively from referrals.
- Golf tournaments – play, volunteer or sponsor, another great way to connect.
- Maritime Gig Festival – volunteer, sponsor or have a vendor booth.
- Public Affairs Forums – weekly event hearing speakers on important topics.
- And more...
4. Local Visibility- online and offline.
Your success brings us joy! Here are some of the ways we showcase you:
- Online profile that links to your website and social channels. Through your profile you can see how often you come up in search results along with your click throughs.
- Hold events? Place them on our public calendar.
- Post your hot deals or job openings on our site.
- In-person event participation helps build relationships which drive business.
- Sponsorship opportunities add additional visibility with events where your customers hang out.
- Ribbon Cuttings are fun photo opportunities.
5. Local Savings- your pass to access discounts.
Startups can have a lot of overhead, we get it. That’s why we have a discount card to Office Depot, access to discounts for online advertising, and discounts from members on dental, travel, etc. When you hire services locally, it helps keep the money in our community.
"I joined the Chamber to meet other business owners to see if we could find a balance to possibly help each other. My intent was to increase my business, and that has happened. What I didn't expect was all of the connections I've made and the money I have saved (in the $1000's) from Office Depot because I do a lot of printing for my business. For me personally, it is the friends I've made with other Chamber members, and I feel good knowing we are helping our community in return." - Larry Fickel, LegalShield
Ready to join the Chamber?
Still have questions?
Schedule a time to meet with Miriam Battson for a confidential conversation about membership. To schedule a time to meet click here. You can also call us at 253-851-6865 (office hours: Monday-Friday, 10AM-3PM) or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions. We look forward to meeting you and helping you succeed.