The first ever Gig Harbor Has Talent show will take place on Saturday, March 25th from 2:00pm - 5:00pm at Swift Water Elementary in Gig Harbor. Admission to the show will be free to the public.
Gig Harbor Has Talent will bring the community together, embracing our collective power, to raise funds, through sponsorships, to help children and families in our local area. The event will raise awareness and funds for the following five local organizations/programs: Kiwanis Cares for Kids, Food Backpacks 4 Kids, Peninsula Fish Food Bank, Harbor Hope Center, and Children's Home Society.
Eligible students must be in grades K-8 and must attend a middle school or elementary school within the Peninsula School District, a private school in Gig Harbor, a dance/voice/music studio in Gig Harbor, or be home schooled in Gig Harbor.
To apply to be one of the performers at Gig Harbor Has Talent, please complete this online form and upload a one-minute video of the student performing the talent they would like to perform at the show.
Depending on the number of submissions, students who submit a one-minute online audition video could be invited to a potential in-person audition on March 4th. Twenty students will be invited to a dress rehearsal on March 18th and then will perform at the talent show on March 25th.
The Selection Team is a group of community volunteers that will be trying its best to make sure there is a variety of ages, talents, and schools represented in the show.
1. The online audition video must be no longer than one minute. Students invited to perform at the talent show on March 25th will get 3 minutes to perform their talent at the dress rehearsal and at the show.
2. No lip synching or singing along. No profanity or vulgar lyrics in any vocal performance or dance music. Genres of music may include but are not limited to pop, rap, R&B, jazz, country, rock, blues, and Latin.
3. Please keep attire at a respectable and tasteful level. No nudity allowed!
4. No animals/pets
5. No alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements are to be shown on any clothing.
6. No pyrotechnics, open flames, sharp objects such as knives or any other dangerous additions.
7. Sound technician and microphone will be provided. You must provide your own music, instruments, props, keyboard, etc. if needed.